Re: Subscribing to specific channels when following an account

On 05/12/2015 11:54 AM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> On 05/12/2015 10:38 AM, Aaron Parecki wrote:
>> Elf, I have the opposite of a single channel on my website right now. In
>> fact there is nowhere on my site you can go to see the full list of posts.
>> The limitation I am facing with my site is actually that right now someone
>> *can't* see everything I post by following my home page or anything else.
> Thank you for clarification!
>

>> I do plan to continue to publish separate feeds going forward, so someone
>> can follow only certain aspects of me. I think as long as there is a way
>> for someone to publish multiple feeds everything is fine.
> IMO we can and should explore different ways of modeling it
>
> 1) Follow different aspects (personas?) of me
> 2) Subscribe to different channels/feeds/streams which I publish
> 3) Subscribe to different channels/feeds/streams which my different
> aspects (personas?) publish
>
> Distinctions between
> 1) *follow* a *Person* (including using it as *Persona*)
> 2) *subscribe* to *Channel* (*Feed* / *Stream*)
>
> could possibly help here.
>
> Also each Person(a) could have *default* channel(feed/stream) and follow
> action would also automatically subscribe to it...
I really think that each Agent(Actor/Account) having *default*
Channel(Feed/Stream) discoverable by something like rel="default-feed"
and Follow activity having consequence of Subscribe activity with that
default Channel(Feed/Stream) as that activity object makes most sense here.

We can also use that as IMO more straight forward way than one proposed
in ActivityPump activities with "to":
"http://activityschema.org/collection/public". Instead publish activity
with "target": "URI of the default-feed". Or if we go with REST instead
of RPC, simply making HTTP Post to the URI of default-feed.

https://github.com/w3c-social/activitypump/blob/master/userstories/following-a-person.md#3-4-seeing-that-new-persons-content

Either way I see need for
* clear distinction between Follow an Agent(Actor/Account) and Subscribe
to a Channel(Feed/Stream).
* distinct URI of an Agent(Actor/Account) and URI of its default
Channel(Feed/Stream)
* link relation / property relating Agent(Actor/Account) to its default
Channel(Feed/Stream)

On terminology side, I have impression that different circles use
slightly different naming:

* IndieWeb - a Feed
* Activity(Streams/Pump) - a Stream
* SoLiD - a Channel

Something we may need to live with and pay attention while discussing it...