Re: social-ACTION-64: Document reasoning for requiring https (possibly coordinate it with harry)

From: ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 18:51:45 +0200
To: public-socialweb@w3.org
CC: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org>
On 05/13/2015 06:42 PM, Social Web Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:
> social-ACTION-64: Document reasoning for requiring https (possibly coordinate it with harry)
>
> http://www.w3.org/Social/track/actions/64
>
> Assigned to: Pavlik elf

some relevant discussions in ActivityPump repo
https://github.com/w3c-social/activitypump/issues/15

I also mention there that during standardization at IETF, Webfinger spec
made HTTPS mandatory.

IMO if we don't document clearly why we consider requiring HTTPS (at
least for *identity* document) we will keep finding ourselves arguing
about it over and over

http://socialwg.indiewebcamp.com/irc/social/2015-05-13/line/1431535212902