social-ISSUE-36 (JSON-LD contexts): Role and evolution of recommended JSON-LD @contexts [Activity Streams 2.0]

From: Social Web Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 16:47:20 +0000
To: public-socialweb@w3.org
social-ISSUE-36 (JSON-LD contexts): Role and evolution of recommended JSON-LD @contexts [Activity Streams 2.0]

http://www.w3.org/Social/track/issues/36

Raised by: Pavlik elf
On product: Activity Streams 2.0

As of now we plan to recommend (normative?) JSON-LD @context. As one of main goals, it will allow people not interested in RDF view, to stay in comfort of flattened JSON-LD and use simple strings and pretty much ignore which URIs they map to.

By doing this we can map to all kind of vocabularies, while still providing experience for developers as they work with one consistent namespace.

We should also investigate how to keep such context evolving (v1, v2?) also as IG proposes new domain specific extensions. One possibility could use chain of JSON-LD context which together might provide convenience of working with flattened JSON-LD profile and consistent terminology.