Re: ISSUE-25: What syntax is (syntaxes are) to be used in the social api (eg microformats vs json-ld; form-encoding vs json-ld)

From: ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 11:34:32 +0100
To: Social Web Working Group <public-socialweb@w3.org>
On 03/18/2015 09:54 PM, Social Web Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:
> ISSUE-25: What syntax is (syntaxes are) to be used in the social api (eg microformats vs json-ld; form-encoding vs json-ld)
>
> http://www.w3.org/Social/track/issues/25
>
> Raised by:
> On product:

Please note resolution from Day1
"RESOLVED: Close ISSUE-21 re-affirming we'll use JSON-LD as in the
current draft, with a normative context, and let people bring up sub-issues"

http://socialwg.indiewebcamp.com/irc/social/2015-03-17/line/1426616109938

And let's careful with terminology, I try to distinguish various aspects
of microformats on Social syntax wiki page
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_syntax

* microformats *vocabulary*
* microformats *serializations*
** microformats HTML
** microformats form-encoded
** microformats JSON
** microformats JSON-LD

Just as RDF used different JSON serialization in a past, microformats
can also adopt JSON-LD for alternative (new) JSON serializations.
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-json/index.html

JSON-LD spec even has some section on using it with microformats!
http://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld/#microformats

(also adding it as note to the issue!)

HTH