Re: story or not?

On 02/11/2015 12:14 AM, Erik Wilde wrote:
> hello.
hi Erik :)

> i am wondering if anybody has an opinion on whether the following script
> qualifies as a user story and i should add it, or whether people think
> it's something different. it's about the processing model aspect i was
> talking about in today's call.
>
> - the vocabulary currently has a "like" verb that is defined to be a
> subclass of the "respond" verb.
>
> - let's assume a scenario has created a "likealot" verb that is a
> subclass of the "like" verb.
>
> - user alice is listening to activities somewhere in an AS ecosystem and
> has set up a filter that is asking for "respond" activities.
>
> - user bob posts a "like" and a "likealot" activity somewhere into this
> ecosystem.
>
> - alice now sees what?
>
> well, that last part is not really a "story" and i think we have (at
> least) four choices:
>
> 1. alice will see nothing because bob's activities are not "respond"
> 2. alice see only the "like" because the core vocab says it is "respond"
> 3. alice sees "like" and "likealot" because they are both "respond"
> 4. we cannot tell what alice sees because the spec doesn't tell us.
>
> i am curious to hear what people think. personally, i would hope we end
> up with 3, and then the next interesting question is how to make that
> happen in an interoperable way. but first i am wondering whether that's
> a story at all, or just by permanent fixation on the processing model.
sounds like a really great story to me! maybe not directly for API but
we should still capture it somewhere! maybe something like
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_Data/User_stories

i think we should discuss query / filters in general!
once again i would like to bring your attention to Hydra CG, where also
Linked Data Fragments undergo development http://www.hydra-cg.com/

*
https://www.w3.org/Search/Mail/Public/search?keywords=query&hdr-1-name=subject&hdr-1-query=&index-grp=Public_FULL&index-type=t&type-index=public-hydra
* https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-hydra/2014Sep/0051.html