Re: Proposal: de-namespace vcard in the normative AS2 JSON-LD context

On 2015-04-23 06:53, Renato Iannella wrote:
>> On 23 Apr 2015, at 1:41 am, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> While this is helpful, the use of the namespace prefix is irritating.
>
> Why is it irritating?

My guess is some developers - particularly those who aren't using RDF
somewhere mentally - don't like using namespaces, and often accidently
leave them out. I know I've seen that in some usages of FOAF by non-RDF
aware developers in the past.

Would there be a way of sorting this out in the JSON-LD context, so that
RDF-aware processors could properly namespace the vCard vocabulary usage
while your ordinary JSON developer on the street would just process
without namespaces (since they wouldn't be resolving them to begin
with)?

--

Harry Halpin (W3C/MIT) harry@w3.org