Implicit vs explicit object types

From: Amy G <amy@rhiaro.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 21:55:31 +0100
To: "public-socialweb@w3.org" <public-socialweb@w3.org>
Hi all,

I've been mucking about with the data model for my blog (which is a weird
linked data / indieweb hybrid) on the way to eventually emitting AS2, and
as a result have started to understand (I think) the implicit vs explicit
types debate. I wrote a post:
http://rhiaro.co.uk/2015/04/post-and-activity-types

tl;dr - I think each side of the debate about explicit vs implicit types
are misaligned, due to conflation of Objects and Activities (as elf noted
<https://github.com/jasnell/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/issues/94>). I
think Objects (like blogposts) needn't have explicit types, but Activities
(like the act of creating a post) should do. Rationale in-post.

Accepting responses by email, webmention or IRC :)

Amy