RE: Activity Streams URI Namespace

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 20:13:19 +0100
To: <public-socialweb@w3.org>
Cc: "'Renato Iannella'" <ri@semanticidentity.com>
On 28 Okt 2014 at 01:36, Renato Iannella wrote:

>> On 24 Oct 2014, at 22:59, Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
wrote:

>> Now that has technical consequences... namely more HTTP requests, lower
>> cache-hit rates, etc. What's the reasoning behind your suggestion to use
>> distinct resources instead of fragment identifiers?
>
> There are always tradeoffs between the two approaches:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp- vocab-pub/

Right. I was actually interested what you tried to optimize for when you
suggested to use paths instead of fragment identifiers. I suggested to use
fragment identifiers because I expect the vocabulary to be (and remain)
quite small and I wanted to minimize the number of necessary HTTP requests.

--
Markus Lanthaler
@markuslanthaler