Buddyradar and future/scheduled/planned Activity

From: ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 13:52:58 +0200
To: "public-socialweb@w3.org" <public-socialweb@w3.org>
Ahoy o/

For quite a while[1] I would like to implement decentralized
'Buddyradar'. I think that having such system could also greatly
contribute to work we do in context of this WG, or any other group! I
just created minimal wiki page to collect notes[2]

Possibility of more face 2 face meeting among members of this group
sounds to me like great opportunity. For example I noticed that Aaron
Parecki will participate in border:none[3] (Oct 17-18th, Nuremberg) so I
just asked people organizing it for a ticket[4] and now I can join that
event.

I believe that many people organizing such events would happily support
our work by enabling us to meet there IRL. I also asked for ticket[5] to
API Days[6] (Dec 2-3, Paris) where Markus Lanthaler will speak.

Q: Who in this group would like to start publishing list of events which
you plan to participatein? With information about time and location. We
could then make aggregation of all group participants with nice calendar
+ map!

A: me \o/

I guess for such functionality we may need to use some kind of
future/planned Activity...

Hope to meet all of you or see again IRL ASAP :D

[1] https://github.com/elf-pavlik/buddyradar/
[2] https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Buddyradar_Use_Case
[3] https://border-none.net/2014
[4] https://twitter.com/elfpavlik/status/519114018704076800