which ones to pick in some sort of "base vocabulary"), and

b) specify how those AS1 verbs can be used in AS2, so that there's a
transition path when recognizing AS1 verbs, and interpreting those in a
way where AS2 semantics are required (and by semantics here i talk about
semantics as a general concept).

evan thankfully posted a list of supported verbs in pump.io, and
described which verbs are "special" (i.e., interpreted by pump.io) in
this implementation.

On 2014-11-03, 19:35, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> As most people know, the AS 1.0 spec only defines one verb, "post".
> To help with this decision, I added an action for myself to share the
> verbs supported internally by pump.io. They are:
>   * *post *
>   * *create* (synonym for "post")
>   * *follow*
>   * *stop-following*
>   * *favorite *
>   * *like* (synonym for "favorite")
>   * *unfavorite *
>   * *unlike *(synonym for "unfavorite")
>   * *delete*
>   * *update*
>   * *add*
>   * *remove*
>   * *share*
>   * *unshare*
>   * *join*
>   * *leave*

i hope we will get more input from other implementers as well. in order
to organize the information (and mayb publish it eventually, when it's
stable enough), there now is the following document:

http://dret.github.io/W3C/SocialWG/AS1-in-AS2.html

https://github.com/dret/W3C/tree/master/SocialWG is where the source
lives, and since i am an XML dinosaur, the document, the AS1 vocabulary,
and the implementation data are all organized in XML documents, and then
transformed by XSLT to produce the document.

please feel free to comment, fork, create issues or pull requests, or
otherwise contribute to this effort. most importantly, i'd be very
interested to get more information about other implementations, so that
we can better understand what is implemented and used out there.

there currently is no section on how to use AS1 in AS2, but this should
be added in later editions. james added some language about that in the
latest version of the AS2 editor's draft, and we will figure out the
best way how have all of that in one place where it makes most sense.

thanks and cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |