Re: Federated/Distributed @mentions

On 12/04/2014 01:21 PM, Ben Werdmüller wrote:

> We've been considering various options for this in Known. I strongly
> disagree with using Markdown or similar syntax for human-readable
> content, because that creates a burden to support a wholly different
> notation in applications that are almost certainly web-based at some
> level. I do think HTML with embedded microformats / microdata is the
> most flexible option for this scenario. (It also doesn't tie
> applications into Twitter-style @-syntax - there's no need to let them
> dictate the convention.)
I see no necessity  to mandate details for the actual content, we can
use different datatypes to provide multiple versions:

{
  "@context": ...
  "@id": "/some-post",
  "@type": "BlogPosting",
  "text" [
    "i provide plain text, Markdown and HTML",
    { "@value": "i provide plain text,
[Markdown](http://commonmark.org/) and
[HTML](http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/)", "@type": "http://commonmark.org/" },
    { "@value": "i provide plain text, <a
href='http://commonmark.org/'>Markdown</a> and <a
href='http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/'>HTML</a>", "@type":
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/"
  ]
}

I can see Markdown data type recommended by AKSW for site:content
http://aksw.org/Projects/AKSWorg/Documentation.html