Re: Invited expert - Change of policy?

Hi Harry,

I believe I have not been able to explain myself.  Let me try again.

- Joining the XG is different from subscribing to the mailing list.
Anyone may subscribe to the list, this does not automatically make
them a Participant in the XG.

- If people want to join the Social Web XG they should be either
representatives of Member organizations or Public Invited Experts.
There is no other way to participate, as this is the only way you can
get clear PP commitments from the people participating.

- People at the calls should be a participant of the group, thus
listed at (Member only link, available to the Chairs and Members)
http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=43434

- The Chairs might decide to make an exception once in a while and
invite a non-participant to the call.  However this should be
exceptional and regular non-participants need to apply for Invited
Expert status.

- The editing of any deliverable should be done by either Members or
Invited Experts.

- The public list adds a public accountability layer to the work done
for the XG, and everybody is welcome to subscribe the list.  However
(as you correctly point out), if the XG wishes to make part of a
deliverable a contribution done by a person from the public, you need
to make sure to get the licensing commitments from that person.

Hope this is more clear.  Per [1], the XG is welcome to modify the
charter during the first month of operation to clarify the
participation bits above.

Best,
Mauro
Incubator Activity Lead