RE: SML interop test plan

I agree about the multiple files. I did not mean to imply that I preferred one strategy over the other - I haven't made up my mind yet.  :)

From: Kumar Pandit [mailto:kumarp@windows.microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 7:18 PM
To: Smith, Virginia (HP Software); public-sml@w3.org
Cc: Kumar Pandit
Subject: RE: SML interop test plan

Good suggestions for numbering. Here is the updated pdf with section/page/line numbers. I have also attached the source word document.

I agree about not needing to duplicate the IF format since we can readily use IF itself. The support for locator element is optional. Not all implementations may support it which makes it hard to use for interop testing. However, the bigger problem with multiple files is that of change management. Change to one file may affect many tests and thus each person making a change will need to run all implementations against all tests to ensure no breaks. This is one of the reasons why the document recommends a single SML-IF file per test case.