RE: [w3c sml] [4682] Attribute based reference schemes

+1 for attribute based ref schemes.

It makes perfect sense to allow them and we do not gain anything by specifically disallowing them.

Sandy, thanks for writing the nice proposal. It helped us understand and focus on the core issues.

From: public-sml-request@w3.org [mailto:public-sml-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Wilson, Kirk D
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:48 AM
To: John Arwe; public-sml@w3.org
Subject: RE: [w3c sml] [4682] Attribute based reference schemes

+1 for this recommendation as well.

May I suggest that for the call on Thurs, the chairs prepare a list of issues that have been agreed to by silent responses (silent responders are probably losing track of what they have been silently agreeing to) and list of issues that have NOT yet been resolved by email.  I would point to two in the latter category: sml:keyref reference to xs:key/xs:unique (I, with Sandy's assistance, have a proposal "out there" on that), and the EPR scheme issue (which should generate some more discussion based on Valentina's and my latest exchange).

Kirk Wilson, Ph.D.
Research Staff Member
CA Labs
603 823-7146