From: public-sml-request@w3.org [mailto:public-sml-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of John Arwe
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 7:00 AM
To: public-sml@w3.org
Subject: [w3c sml][agenda] 2007-11-15 SML Teleconference

Jim/Valentina, it appears you may be scribing this week.

Chair: when sending out an agenda, use following format
  [w3c sml][agenda] yyyy-mm-dd SML          in subject of email ([agenda] agreed to, rest chair's convention)
Chair: when sending out an updated agenda, use following format, "n" = update number, 1st update == 2, etc.
  [w3c sml][agenda][ver n] yyyy-mm-dd SML   in subject of email ([agenda] [ver n] agreed to, rest chair's convention)
Scribe: read entire agenda, I restructured it so your "to do"s around the scribe list are time-sequenced
  i.e. less to remember

The phone number to use for the SML WG teleconference is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/SML#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel, as documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/SML#irc

Teleconference Time and Length (two hours)
Pacific   11 AM -  1 PM
Mountain  12 PM -  2 PM
Central    1 PM -  3 PM
Eastern    2 PM -  4 PM
UK         7 PM -  9 PM
Paris      8 PM - 10 PM

Proposed Agenda:

1. Roll call (present/regrets/absent)

2. Selection of Scribe based on list below
   New scribes see:
   - Scribe Quick Start Guide http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
   - Scribe FAQ http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

Last Scribe Date  Member Name               Regrets pending
2007-08-30        Lipton, Paul
2007-09-20        Lynn, James
2007-10-16        Valentina Popescu         first half of 11/15 mtg
2007-10-15        Waschke, Marvin
2007-10-17        Eckert, Zulah
2007-10-17        Kumar, Pandit
2007-10-24        Boucher, Jordan
2007-11-01        Gao, Sandy
2007-11-08        Smith, Virginia
2007-11-12        Wilson, Kirk
2007-06-12        Tabbara, Bassam
Exempt            Arwe, John
Exempt            Dublish, Pratul
Exempt            MSM
Exempt            PH

3. Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s):
   -  11/08 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2007Nov/att-0096/20071108-sml-minutes.html
   -  11/12 ...still waiting to get generated minutes made public access so we can proceed to edit them

4. Upcoming meetings
   - http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/SML#schedule
   - January meeting in Orlando:
     - Expect "arrangements" page from David Ezell this week with more information
     - $150 fee is billed during registration to credit card

5. FYI from CG: they are going forward with the proposal to modify XML 1.0 via an erratum to allow the
   XML 1.1 set of names to be valid.  Goal is to get community on the record one way or the other.

6. Review bugs with no keywords or target
   As of agenda writing, W3C blocking my IP.

7. Review and attempt to reach consensus on other non-editorial "hasProposal" bugs.
   Ginny suggested we would thrash less if we dealt with clusters of related bugs.
   Since as of agenda writing, W3C is blocking my IP, I'm not putting out a fully fresh list.
   Attached file has a now-aging snapshot we can start with.

   Within a cluster, odds are it will make sense to close out any "needsReview" bugs first (either we
   have consensus, it's no longer needsReview, or the editors need to re-spin the proposed text).

n-3. Scribe: update scribe list below in this meeting's minutes, for use in the next meeting's agenda:
   Update the list below and sort it (LRU), leaving people who will be out for an extended period near the bottom
   to keep the names of draftees for the current meeting near the top, so when the next agenda goes out people
   will know if their name is at or near the top of the list to scribe next.

Last Scribe Date  Member Name               Regrets pending
2007-08-30        Lipton, Paul
2007-09-20        Lynn, James
2007-10-16        Valentina Popescu
2007-10-15        Waschke, Marvin
2007-10-17        Eckert, Zulah
2007-10-17        Kumar, Pandit
2007-10-24        Boucher, Jordan
2007-11-01        Gao, Sandy
2007-11-08        Smith, Virginia
2007-11-12        Wilson, Kirk
2007-06-12        Tabbara, Bassam
Exempt            Arwe, John
Exempt            Dublish, Pratul
Exempt            MSM
Exempt            PH

n-2. Scribe: follow the steps in the Scribe Quick Start Guide through "Generate minutes"
   http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
   Also issue the command "rrsagent, make log public" since we are a public workgroup.

   DO NOT use tools that significantly change the source html, like Word, to do your editing.
   Those tools make compare tools to sanity check the scribe's edits unusable even though it
   renders fine visually (even here, some like Word remove W3C style sheets so it renders
   with subtle differences).

n-1. Scribe: (optional)
   Send the original and updated minutes to the meeting chair as an editorial check before
   sending to the full list.  Assume the chair will use a compare tool.

n. Scribe: send the minutes to the public mailing list
   After the meeting, follow the conventions we have agreed on within the wg to help
  people search the email archives more effectively, namely:
    [w3c sml][minutes] yyyy-mm-dd SML     in subject of email ([minutes] agreed to, rest chair's convention)
  As with agendas, if minutes are updated include a [ver n] "tag" as well.

----
n+1. Chair
     After meeting, update good standing list