Re: [Errors] Working Session Wednesday 25 August 2021

Present: Glenna, Jemma, Jake, Sarah
Regrets: Todd

Error Prevention Guideline
We reviewed and responded to feedback from the 17 Aug AGWG survey <https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/wcag3-error-prevention-pre-cfc/results> in the Error Prevention Google doc <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s-wx57F_p1V-ndalMgBjQUZkQU6zN7dnenTx112_C0I/edit>. Revisions are indicated with track changes. Feedback welcome! Next step is to create a PR with the revisions for CfC.

Mapping errors data to functional needs matrix
Jake provided background on Functional Needs subgroup work to date, master list of functional needs with consensus. Working on master list of user needs, definitions, consistent granularity. User outcomes are intersection between functional needs and user needs.
Jake shared work mapping details from Errors subgroup working documents to the functional needs matrix of the Functional Needs subgroup. Takeaways:
Errors group research is thorough and valuable, not yet fully represented in the WCAG 3 content. Would have benefited from summary of work done to arrive at guidelines, outcomes, and methods.
Error user journeys are complicated and user needs are varied depending on context.
Outcomes may need to be more granular to support “and” relationship; outcomes are measured and scored
Some outcomes may need to be part of another guideline/outcome still to be written.
Jake will continue mapping activity to see whether error-related user needs can map to functional needs matrix, opportunity to identify gaps. Will share with group next week.

Next steps
Review edits in Google doc and comment/tweak (all)
Create pull request with revisions (Sarah)
Continue work mapping user needs to functional needs framework (Jake)