RE: What if Silver didn't have levels?

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 11:10:04 +0000
To: David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>
CC: Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>, "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>
> If you flatten the structure away from the 3 levels then we'd need a separate place to put the types of requirements that we previously had in AAA

I think having a points system avoids that. You’d have certain things you need to do to score to a particular level, but then there are things you can do on top of that to score higher.

If the methods that are currently at WCAG 2.1 AA got you to 60% (for example), you’d need to do things at the AAA level & best practices to score higher.

-Alastair