Re: thoughts points system for silver

My thought here was simply that outcomes are measurable by meeting the guideline.

I still also think / believe that from a conformance standpoint, an individual guideline starts with one or maybe two functional needs in mind when it is created, like “Use of Color” (addresses color perception specifically), and that meeting that need gets the points. But if I as a creator then test my solution with people that had multiple other functional needs and learn that a warning icon in addition to my red error text was a problem for people with anxiety disorders, and not using the word “error” in the text was a problem for people without usage of vision, and subsequently changed those 2 things to solutions that also worked for those functional needs, then I have essentially made a bigger human impact and somehow the score should reflect that.

Charles Hall // Senior UX Architect

(he//him)
charles.hall@mrm-mccann.com <mailto:charles.hall@mrm-mccann.com?subject=Note%20From%20Signature>
w 248.203.8723
m 248.225.8179
360 W Maple Ave, Birmingham MI 48009
mrm-mccann.com <https://www.mrm-mccann.com/>

Relationship Is Our Middle Name

Network of the Year, Cannes Lions 2019
Ad Age Agency A-List 2016, 2017, 2019
Ad Age Creativity Innovators 2016, 2017
Ad Age B-to-B Agency of the Year 2018
North American Agency of the Year, Cannes 2016
Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2017, 2018, 2019
Most Creatively Effective Agency Network in the World, Effie 2018, 2019

On 7/18/19, 11:57 AM, "Léonie Watson" <lw@tetralogical.com> wrote:

    On 18/07/2019 16:33, Hall, Charles (DET-MRM) wrote:
    > My opinion (and I say this as a UX person) is that testing itself is the
    > wrong emphasis. What the guideline should encourage is outcomes...  > I also have a
    > pretty strong opinion that the level of effort of the author / creator
    > is both immeasurable and moot.

    I agree on both counts.

    Do you have any thoughts on how we might gauge the outcomes?

    Léonie.

    --
    @TetraLogical TetraLogical.com