Re: [shex] Round tripping language tags case

From: Eric Prud'hommeaux via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 04:22:12 +0000
To: public-shex-dev@w3.org
If I understand, the proposal is to:
- UPPERCASE any two-letter sequence following a sequence of two or more letters.
- Titlecase any four-letter sequence following a sequence of two or more letters.
e.g. `mn-Cyrl-MN`. I am motivated here by a desire to improve RDF conformance with BCP47 rather than continue to propagate lazy short-cuts.

Does this derive from the BCP47 grammar or some other text in the doc?
Diving deeper into [BCP47](https://tools.ietf.org/html/bcp47#page-1-5) than I ever wanted, I see a finite list of `irregular` tags with the comment "most are deprecated". What would be best here, ignore them or reference them from the spec (and thus stick them in every impl)?

Can you make a PR on the spec [value constraints section](https://shexspec.github.io/spec/#values) (and maybe [value set parsing](https://shexspec.github.io/spec/#prod-valueSetValue)) to make this concrete?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by ericprud
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/shexSpec/shex/issues/73#issuecomment-338450334 using your GitHub account