Aw: Re: SHACL and SHACLC mime types

Hi Holger, Vladimir,

On Montag, 01. Juni 2020 um 11:46 Uhr, "Holger Knublauch" <holger@topquadrant.com> wrote:

> Regarding the specific mime type question, text/shaclc with .shaclc sounds good to me.
> I don't really think the others need specific mime types as there is no such things as
> a pure SHACL Turtle file IMHO. It's usually SHACL mixed with some parts of RDFS and
> other properties such as rdfs:comment.

+1 to that! Except perhaps for shaclc, a SHACL document has one of the RDF media types (Turtle, RDF/XML etc.). The fact that it contains information about shapes or a SHACL validation report is orthogonal to that. This is what the profiles work in the Data Exchange WG shall solve [1]. As suggested in another thread [2], it would be great if the SHACL CG would publish profile URIs for SHACL documents (or rather documents containing -- among other triples -- shapes defined in SHACL) and SHACL validation reports.

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/dx-prof-conneg/
[2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-shacl/2020Jun/0019.html

Best,

Lars