RE: FHIR examples for driving ontology developments?

David,
The value of semantic web is the formation of the graph which links concepts together and to choose a cluster of resources that are linked.
From my experience I would like to see AllergyIntolerance, AdverseReaction, Substance, Patient, Practitioner (I may have missed some referenced resource).
This allows the assembly of the graph from the references defined in FHIR and will also allow us to consider contained resources as well as external resource references.

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: David Booth [mailto:david@dbooth.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 3:31 PM
To: its@lists.HL7.org; public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org >> w3c semweb HCLS
Cc: Eric Prud'hommeaux; Claude Nanjo; Anthony Mallia
Subject: FHIR examples for driving ontology developments?

To coordinate and speed our efforts, it would be helpful to choose some initial FHIR examples that we can use to drive our FHIR ontology development effort.  This would not be to the exclusion of other examples, but merely to help us get off the ground by having a common starting point, such as a very simple clinical resource.  We will eventually need to use a variety of examples that exercise different features.

I'll put this on the agenda to discuss next week.  Here is a starting wiki page for ranking them:
http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR_Examples_For_Driving_FHIR_Ontology_Development

In the meantime, what examples would people suggest?  The FHIR documentation has various examples already, such as for Observation:
http://www.hl7.org/implement/standards/fhir/observation-examples.html

or for Patient:
http://www.hl7.org/implement/standards/fhir/patient-examples.html

and for extensibility: