From: "Peter.Hendler@kp.org<mailto:Peter.Hendler@kp.org>" <Peter.Hendler@kp.org<mailto:Peter.Hendler@kp.org>>
Date: Friday, 16 May 2014 9:48 am
To: "mccusj@rpi.edu<mailto:mccusj@rpi.edu>" <mccusj@rpi.edu<mailto:mccusj@rpi.edu>>
Cc: "amallia@edmondsci.com<mailto:amallia@edmondsci.com>" <amallia@edmondsci.com<mailto:amallia@edmondsci.com>>, "cnanjo@cognitivemedicine.com<mailto:cnanjo@cognitivemedicine.com>" <cnanjo@cognitivemedicine.com<mailto:cnanjo@cognitivemedicine.com>>, "david@dbooth.org<mailto:david@dbooth.org>" <david@dbooth.org<mailto:david@dbooth.org>>, "eric@w3.org<mailto:eric@w3.org>" <eric@w3.org<mailto:eric@w3.org>>, "michel.dumontier@gmail.com<mailto:michel.dumontier@gmail.com>" <michel.dumontier@gmail.com<mailto:michel.dumontier@gmail.com>>, "public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org<mailto:public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>" <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org<mailto:public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>>, "Rafael.Richards@va.gov<mailto:Rafael.Richards@va.gov>" <Rafael.Richards@va.gov<mailto:Rafael.Richards@va.gov>>
Subject: Re: Propose an HL7 work group on RDF for Semantic Interoperability?

Yes there is a formal mapping. If you download SNOMED from the NLM there will be a PERL script written by Kent Spackman somewhere in there. It will use the official release files and generate an OWL file. That is the official mapping.  The Plus in EL+ I used to know. I think it means hierarchical roles and role groups.  Or maybe it was role chaining. It was one of those things with roles.

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or disclosing its contents.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or saving them.  Thank you.