Re: Propose an HL7 work group on RDF for Semantic Interoperability?

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 20:44:24 -0400
To: Peter.Hendler@kp.org, michel.dumontier@gmail.com
CC: amallia@edmondsci.com, eric@w3.org, cnanjo@cognitivemedicine.com, Rafael.Richards@va.gov, public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your comments.  Yes, work like yours is definitely part of
the motivation behind this!  And for sure, the intent is *not* to create
new models in RDF, but the opposite: to expose *existing* models as RDF,
so that RDF can act as a common semantic substrate across whatever
models we have.  As we all know, merely representing existing models in
RDF will not achieve interoperability -- model alignment is needed for
that -- but it is the first step.

David