Summary of today's teleconference: FHIR Ontology Motivation and ShEx demo of translating RIM RDF to FHIR RDF

On today's teleconference Eric Prud'hommeaux showed how he represented
the HL7 RIM in OWL (calling in ORIM):
http://www.w3.org/2013/C-CDA/IJ.xml
He then showed how he used ShEx to translate CCDA instance data from
ORIM RDF to FHIR RDF according to the FHIR ontology that he and Josh
Mandel had created.  He showed a very cool demonstration page
http://tinyurl.com/ShExDemo
that simultaneously shows the ShEx code that validates and performs the
translation (on the left), the input instance data (on the right) and
the resulting FHIR RDF (in a popup window, when you click the "View GenR
output as popup" button).  It dynamically changes the displayed results
when inputs are changed.  John Mattison suggested that Eric show a more
complex CCDA example and promised to send an example CCDA document that
Eric could try.

We did not get to discussing FHIR ontology requirements, but plan to do
so next week.

The complete log of the meeting:
http://www.w3.org/2014/12/23-hcls-minutes.html

Thanks, and have a great holiday!