Re: linking a symbol with a dataset

From: Vladimir Mironov <vladimir.n.mironov@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 23:16:05 +0100
To: Michel Dumontier <michel.dumontier@gmail.com>
Cc: w3c semweb hcls <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Hi Michel,

as everybody knows, atomic means 'indivisible'. In the world of Nature, of
course, there is nothing atomic.
However, in the world of RDF subject, predicate, and object are atomic -
there are no other concepts these three could be subdivided into.
I haven't seen such a property so far in vocabularies, I proposed it
because  you guys could not find anything suitable for the task.
I feel it serves the purpose and nothing may prevent you from introducing a
new property in want of appropriate ones. This one should be, of course, a
subProperty of 'partOf'.

Cheers