Re: Orangebook data

If Orangebook uses active ingredient names from the FDA's Unique
Ingredient Identifier system [1] then you can take advantage of the
mappings that we have created in LinkedSPLs [2] for American Structured
Product Labels. There will likely be an unambiguous link from DrugBank
drug to Orangebook data via SPL active ingredient for a generic....

We used three different approaches [3, attached]  to achieve ~1246
*manually validated* mappings [4]. In LinkedSPLs, active ingredients and
their UNII codes are derived from a weekly-updated list of drug
products. These are linked to RxNorm CUIs, the drug classes provided by
NDF-RT, and other things in development like semantically annotated
pharmacogenomics statements [5, also attached] and experimental dynamic
enhancements such as NDF-RT drug-drug interactions and automatically
extracted efficacy study conclusion statements from ClinicalTrials.gov [6].

-Rich Boyce

1.
http://www.fda.gov/ForIndustry/DataStandards/SubstanceRegistrationSystem-UniqueIngredientIdentifierUNII/

2. D2R sample: http://dbmi-icode-01.dbmi.pitt.edu/linkedSPLs/; Complete
graph updated 3/12/2013:
http://dbmi-icode-01.dbmi.pitt.edu/dikb-evidence/linkedSPLs-dump.nt.bz2;
Example queries:
http://www.pitt.edu/~rdb20/data/example-queries-against-the-UPITT-NLP-LDSI.txt)

3. Hassanzadeh, O., Zhu, Qian., Freimuth, RR., Boyce R. Extending the
"Web of Drug Identity" with Knowledge Extracted from United States
Product Labels. Proceedings of the 2013 AMIA Summit on Translational
Bioinformatics. San Francisco, March 2013.

4.
https://code.google.com/p/swat-4-med-safety/source/browse/trunk/linkedSPLs/ChEBI-DrugBank-bio2rdf-mapping/fda-substance-preferred-name-to-drugbank-09292012.csv

5. Boyce, RD., Freimuth, RR., Romagnoli, KM., Pummer, T., Hochheiser,
H., Empey, PE. Toward semantic modeling of pharmacogenomic knowledge for
clinical and translational decision support. Proceedings of the 2013
AMIA Summit on Translational Bioinformatics. San Francisco, March 2013.

6. http://www.jbiomedsem.com/content/4/1/5

--
Richard D Boyce, PhD
Assistant Professor of Biomedical Informatics