Re: owl:sameAs - Is it used in a right way?

Interesting discussion,

I would just add a bit (if it was not added in this long email series):

perhaps it is viable to assert owl:sameAs between individuals.
If you identify a person by passport number or tax number, you can collapse all statements about the two pretty safely (assuming you consider endurant, not roles etc.). That you have different statements in the tax and passport office is a different question...

For something that is not an individual (say, classes, concepts)... owl:sameAs is problematic, because ultimately you don't know what an URI define.

getting back to Alan example:
http://alansays/renaultCars
http://I/renaultCars

Indeed these may be different things, I may include tanks and Nissan cars in it...

We can add axioms to try to clarify what we mean, and ultimately seeking equivalence under a consistent set of statements. We would really say that the two are equivalent, not the same.

Or we can shy away from the issue and use a relaxed sameAs (essentially with no formal meaning to it). It is very close to the Gi, Gu, G solution.
In any case, owl:sameAs among non individuals is a difficult thing to say, unless you contextualize.

best,
Andrea