Re: HCLS SciDiscourse call Monday February 20, 2012: Yolanda Gil and Paul Groth will discuss Prov

Dear Joanne,

Just to let you know, Deborah's McGuinness's team at RPI is actively
involved in the development of Prov. She is also editor of of one of the
specifications. So if you want more info, there's plenty of people close
by to ask.

Thanks,
Paul

Luciano, Joanne Sylvia wrote:
> [...]
>> other dependencies might be useful in this provenance context.
>> Silvio Peroni and I have developed ontologies for this purpose, for
>> example PRO, the Publishing Roles Ontology, using a common
>> time-indexed situation ontology modelling pattern that is described
>> in the attached presentation.  We offer this as a contribution to the
>> discussion.
>>
>> The other issue that I think needs clarification at the beginning of
>> the discussion is the relationship between PROV and other provenance
>> vocabularies, including the Open Provenance Model from Luc Moreau and
>> colleagues (2009) (http://openprovenance.org/), the Open Provenance
>> Model Vocabulary (http://open-biomed.sourceforge.net/opmv/ns.html)
>> that Jun Zhao developed from this in 2010, the Provenance Vocabulary
>> (http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/trdf/index.php?title=Guide_to_the_Provenance_Vocabulary)
>> from Jun Zhao and Olav Hartig (2010), and the current work on
>> provenance in workflows by Matthew Gamble, Jun Zhao, Graham Klyne and
>> colleagues in the Workflows for Ever EU Project
>> (http://www.wf4ever-project.org/).  The paper /Reflections on
>> Provenance Ontology Encodings/ by Deborah McGuinness and colleagues,
>> available at
>> http://tw.rpi.edu/web/doc/Reflections_on_Provenance_Ontology_Encodings,
>> is partially relevant here.
>>
>> I look forward to joining the conference call this afternoon.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> David
>>

>> On 19/02/2012 04:04, Waard, Anita de A (ELS-NYC) wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> Please join us on Monday for the next Health Care and Life Sciences Sig Scientific Discourse call, where Yolanda Gil and Paul Groth will discuss the PROV data model for provenance - see primer athttp://www.w3.org/TR/prov-primer/.
>>>
>>> For more details on their talk and the agenda and dial-up details for the call see below, or the HCLS wiki athttp://www.w3.org/wiki/HCLSIG/SWANSIOC/Actions/RhetoricalStructure/meetings/20120220.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> - Anita.
>>>
>>> Anita de Waard
>>> Disruptive Technologies Director, Elsevier Labs
>>> http://elsatglabs.com/labs/anita/
>>> a.dewaard@elsevier.com
>>>

>>> Agenda Scientific Discourse Working Group W3C HCLS SIG, February 20, 2012:
>>>
>>> 1. The W3C Prov family of specs: An Update
>>>
>>> Paul Groth (VU University Amsterdam) is the co-chair of the W3C provenance working group
>>> Yolanda Gil (University of Southern California) is the co-editor of the PROV Primer
>>>
>>> In this talk, we provide an update of the developments of the a series of W3C recommendations for enabling provenance interoperability on the web. We give a brief overview of the various specifications and describe the core data model that enables exchange. We are looking for feedback and interested users.
>>>
>>> 2. Use case status
>>>
>>> 2.1. Enhance Drug-mechanism Knowledge in Drug Product Labels
>>> 2.2. Defining core metadata for describing biomedical investigations