Re: TMO: Please provide feedback on User Interaction Storyboard

Bosse,

my two pence worth is to emphasize how linked data avoids the biggest
problem of interoperability/federation etc. - gateways/translation code, the
brittle crud strewn in every IT shop that costs so much to maintain.

People have querying today (usually SQL). They have remote access techniques
(REST or SOAP now). This makes them dismiss plain SPARQL or its schema
cousins. But all still face a "data linkage gap". And until linked data,
only awkward, often procedural, mapping was available or else, data stayed
isolated, in islands.

In linked data, data comes translated or least, there is a clear and simple
path to translation - add links. Then a query engine, if clever enough, can
step through alternative meanings, assembling answers in the many forms
different parties require. This is the biggest differentiator of linked-data
(at least I think so).

Conor

p.s. I'll talk a little to this on the TMO 9am Thursday call when I walk
through "Linked Data for VistA" - I put the slides here:
http://esw.w3.org/Image:ThursdayTMOCall.pdf . BTW, I'm very interesting in
linking this VistA work with your projects.