Re: Is there an NCBI taxonomy in OWL ?

andrea splendiani (RRes-Roth) wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> It'2 240M, but compressed is only 9.
> I wonder whether there is some architecture to transparently transfer
> compressed ontologies...

HTTP-accessible ontologies should be able to be setup to be downloaded
with gzip (or equivalent) HTTP transfer encoding, which does indeed
compress Web resources (ontologies or otherwise) transparently for
transfer.

I'm happy to help anyone who wants to set this up on their servers (at
least if it's Apache-based, which is where most of my experience lies).

(Apologies if the question was getting at something specific for
ontologies, rather than more general for HTTP.)

Lee