Re: BioRDF Brainstorming

eric neumann wrote:

> I cannot make today's call, but I think it essential for any BioRDF
> project to consider how to include currently used terminologies such
> as those from UMLS.
>
> I don't know if Olivier Bodenreider has been on any of the calls
> recently, but his proposed offer to mint uris from CUI (UMLS, MeSH,
> etc) is something that would be of immense value for any of the listed
> projects. This would help establish some examples of true linked bio-data!
I haven't been good at following the calls lately, but still am
sympathetic to the endeavor and committed to helping as I can (just not
quite efficiently).
Starting with MeSH might be a good idea as it it does not have the
intellectual restrictions inherent to other sources in the UMLS.
Moreover, MeSH is available in XML and could be easily transformed into
RDF, allowing for a possible resolution of the URIs.

-- Olivier