From: public-semweb-lifesci-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-semweb-lifesci-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of samwald@gmx.at
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 8:20 PM
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
Subject: [hcls] The Bibliographic Ontology Specification Group

I want to bring an initiative to your attention that should be of interest
to many of the participants of the HCLS: The "Bibliographic Ontology
Specification Group". As I have already summarized on a ESW Wiki page [1],
we are currently lacking a common way for representing bibliographic
information, and this is a highly undesirable state -- references to
publications and authorship information are fundamental to scientific
discourse. The newly founded Bibliographic Ontology Specification Group has
the goal of creating a unified ontology that would solve this problem.
There is very generic website [2] and a Google Group [3] available at the
moment.

I think a cooperation of some interested members of the HCLSIG and this
initiative could be of benefit to all involved parties.

-- Matthias Samwald

[1] http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/HCLSIG_BibliographicInformation
[2] http://bibliontology.com/
[3]