From: public-semweb-lifesci-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-semweb-lifesci-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of William Bug
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2007 1:47 AM
To: public-semweb-lifesci hcls
Subject: correction: pending Soc. for Neuro abstract - due: Tues. 5/15 by 5
PM EDT

Ooops - my bad.

It's due this Tuesday, 5/15 by 5 PM EDT
(http://www.sfn.org/am2007/?pagename=call_for_abstracts).

Got my wires crossed with another meeting submission I'm working.

I'd also add the last 8 hours of submission time tend to be a really big
problem.  SfN in the past hasn't paid nearly enough for the hosting service
they use.  There are ~15K presentations for 30K of participants at a typical
SfN annual meeting.  You can imagine the sort of last minute crunch that can
cause.  Last year, when trying to login in to the abstract submission system
on the last day (two phase login to actually get to the content
management/editing system), each phase of the login could take > 20 minutes
to return when you clicked on it, if it didn't time out altogether.

Here are:

            rules for submission

http://www.sfn.org/am2007/index.cfm?pagename=rules_for_submission

            submission instructions

http://www.sfn.org/am2007/index.cfm?pagename=submission_instructions

Here's a new comment they've added this year to author submission
instructions:

"We strongly suggest that you enter the submission site and begin your
submission well in advance of the deadline. The submission process is very
detailed and requires the entry of very specific information (including
email addresses of co-authors and their conflict of disclosure information).
The primary cause of error in abstract submission occurs when the user is
not familiar with the submission site and must rush to submit the work on
the last day that the site is open."

This means we're really going to have to resolve authorship on Monday.  I
hope that's not impractical.

Cheers,

Bill