relationships between parts, molecules, and cells in BAMS

hi Mihail,

Per Alan's email (enclosed below), we have some questions regarding the
relations between elements of BAMS, i.e., part/part, part/source,
part/target, part/molecules in region, part/cell, and cell/molecules in
cell.

1. For the part/part relation, the xml (swanson-98.xml) relates parts to
each other in a tree structure. The part element attribute is_part_of_idrefs
indicates a part's parent. Should we assume that this tree structure is an
expression of the dataset's view of the world and is relatively immutable?

2. For each of the other relations: part/source, part/target, part/molecules
in region, part/cell, and cell/molecules in cell, should we assume that
these are representations of the dataset's current scientific observations,
and are not intended to be exhaustive?

Please excuse the crudity of my description of the dataset. I am not a
neuroscientist.

thanks,

jb