RE: NeuronDB RDF and OWL

Matthias,

These are great suggestions below. I have the following questions/suggestions.

Are the naming suggestions based on aligning to a particular (upper) ontology,
e.g., OBO/BFO/DOLCE?  The reason, I bring this up is that once we start
converting our data sets into RDF, it will be great that we choose node types
and labels from edges in consistently, preferably from the same ontology?

Is it possible that you can start a wiki page, just enumerating these
suggestions? I have a feeling they will become critical when we start merging
the RDF datasets.

Cheers,

---Vipul

Vipul Kashyap, Ph.D.
Senior Medical Informatician
Clinical Informatics R&D, Partners HealthCare System
Phone: (781)416-9254
Cell: (617)943-7120
http://www.partners.org/cird/AboutUs.asp?cBox=Staff&stAb=vik

To keep up you need the right answers; to get ahead you need the right questions
---John Browning and Spencer Reiss, Wired 6.04.95

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and properly dispose of this information.