Re: cell types, brain regions mentioned in gensat

Alan et al.,

In addition to mapping to brain regions, what seems to be also missing
is some kind of brain coordinates. I thought one major advanatage of
using Google Map is the ability to issue GIS-like queries. With this
type queries, one can potentially query something like finding expressed
genes for a given brain region and its neighbouring/adjacent regions.

While we are talking about gene expression, what seems to be also
logical to consider is whether some highly expressed genes correlate
with high abundance of pathological proteins (e.g., amyloid beta). Any
take from neuroscientists?

-Kei