Re: adding pubmed ids to BAMS

On Apr 19, 2007, at 9:20 AM, John Barkley wrote:

> hi alan,
>
> Here is a mock up of  what I think you had in mind in the case of
> BAMS (sorry for the rdf/xml, I wanted to be precise):
>
> Given:
>
> <owl:Class rdf:ID="article"/>
> <owl:Class rdf:ID="pubmedRecord"/>
>
> <pubmedRecord rdf:about="http://purl.org/commons/pubmed/_3327422"/>
> <pubmedRecord rdf:about="http://purl.org/commons/pubmed/_7451682"/>
>
> <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="definedByPMID">
>    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/
> owl#InverseFunctionalProperty"/>
>    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#article"/>
>    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="#pubmedRecord"/>
> </owl:ObjectProperty>
>
> <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="isMentionedBy">
>    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/
> owl#AnnotationProperty"/>
> </owl:ObjectProperty>
>
> Then, for each cell and cell/molecule pubmed reference, you would
> have the following (the first is a cell example for c101 and the
> second is a cell/molecule example for c101):
>
> <owl:Class rdf:ID="c101">
>    <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="http://purl.org/obo/owl/
> CARO#CARO_0000013"/>
>    <rdfs:subClassOf>
>        <owl:Restriction>
>            <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="#classId"/>
>            <owl:hasValue rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/
> XMLSchema#int">101</owl:hasValue>
>        </owl:Restriction>
>    </rdfs:subClassOf>
>    <rdfs:label rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
>            >motor neuroendocrine magnocellular oxytocin neuron</
> rdfs:label>
>    <isMentionedBy rdf:resource="http://purl.org/commons/pubmed/
> _7451682"/>
> </owl:Class>

isMentionedBy should point to an instance of article
article identifiedByPMID http://purl.org/commons/pubmed/_7451682

I don't like the underscore but Jonathan thinks it is necessary. But
this is minor. I would say using PMID_7451652 or some similar variant
is more appealing. (no accounting for taste)
We might also want
http://purl.org/commons/pubmed/_7451682 hasId "7451682", but I'm not
sure.
Anyways, neither of these are essential for progress.

> <owl:Class rdf:ID="Cellc101HasMoleculem3Within">
Would be nice to have an english readable rdfs:label here.
>    <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="#c101"/>
>    <rdfs:subClassOf>
>        <owl:Restriction>
>            <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="#cell_has_molecule_within"/>
>            <owl:someValuesFrom rdf:resource="#m3"/>
>        </owl:Restriction>
>    </rdfs:subClassOf>
>    <isMentionedBy rdf:resource="http://purl.org/commons/pubmed/
> _3327422"/>
> </owl:Class>

This class would be used in place of the restriction if there is a
definition that  would otherwise use the restriction.

Thanks for the quick response!