RE: scientific publishing task force update

At 9:36 -0700 6/12/06, Miller, Michael D (Rosetta) wrote:
>Hi Kei,
>
>Once an OWL ontology is published there are no typos!  If one wants to
>use the ontology, one must conform to the definitions.
>
>cheers,
>Michael

or produce a new, backward compatible version which makes the change...
(or inform the author of the original to fix it in his next release)

One thing this does teach us is the importance of having the ontology
name space document be at a set URI - this packaging up OWL in zip
files is very harmful to the whole idea of the Seamntic Web, since
the "same" ontology in two different places is really two different
ontologies in actuality, since the URIs are difference.  I've
actually suggested to some folks in the OWL community an easy fix for
this, am hoping it will get into one of the notes...
  -JH

--
Professor James Hendler			  Director
Joint Institute for Knowledge Discovery	  	  301-405-2696