From: Cliff Joslyn [mailto:joslyn@lanl.gov]
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 1:23 AM
To: jluciano@predmed.com
Subject: Postdoctoral position

While we're at it, I'd also like to draw your attention to a postdoc ad we
have out now, if you know someone who might be interested. Please go to

http://www.hr.lanl.gov/jps/jobsdb.asp?JobType=Postdoc&Order=DatePosted

and then look for job # 211901. Our postdoctoral positions are superb
opportunities for research and career advancement, generally paying over
$70K/yr, with full benefits. This particular position is fully funded to
provide complete freedom to pursue independent research for a period of two
years. Please direct any questions or resumes to me, thanks.

Job #211901: Postdoctoral Position in Organizational Knowledge Modeling

the use of knowledge representation and semantic interoperability
technologies within organizations with hybrid structures. The project will
involve the representation of multiple organizations with distinct knowledge
models but a common tasking structure, and use simple agents to measure
constraints on semantic coherence, information flow, and tasking ability.
Emphasis will be placed on the formal and logical properties of such hybrid
systems.

Required Skills: Experience with formal semantics and modern knowledge
representation and ontology technology (e.g. Semantic Web, RDF, OWL,
semantic networks, Protege) and computational agent-based social or
organizational modeling systems. Experience with social and organizational
modeling theory, especially formal or discrete mathematical approaches.
Ability to obtain a DOE "Q" clearance, which normally requires U.S.
citizenship.

Desired Skills: Experience with schema alignment and ontology
interoperability. Background in discrete mathematics and combinatorial
algorithms, specifically for lattice and order theory and graph
isomorphisms, and especially in relation to formal logic. Experience with
information retrieval and Knowledge Discovery in Databases (KDD), especially
multivariate categorical data. Exposure to computational semiotics.
Mathematical programming skills, for example Mathematica.
-----

| Cliff Joslyn, Research Team Leader (Cybernetician at Large) Knowledge
| & Information Systems Science; Computer & Computational Science Los
| Alamos National Laboratory, Mail Stop B265, Los Alamos NM 87545 USA
| joslyn@lanl.gov     http://www.c3.lanl.gov/~joslyn     (505) 667-9096
V All the world is biscuit-shaped. . .