Re: Second Screen WG Charter 2018 draft - please review by 28 Nov

From: Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 12:31:35 +0000
To: "Bassbouss, Louay" <louay.bassbouss@fokus.fraunhofer.de>
CC: "public-secondscreen@w3.org" <public-secondscreen@w3.org>, Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
Hi Louay,

> On 21 Nov 2017, at 15.27, Bassbouss, Louay <louay.bassbouss@fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
>
> Thanks LGTM just one remark we discussed in F2F meeting about the option that in the future we may use the Presentation API for 2UA mode and a separate API Spec (Remote Window API??) for 1UA mode. I am not sure if there is need to mention this in section 3.1 [1].

Thanks for your review and comments.

Since the draft Charter 2018 links to examples of features that may be integrated [into Presentation API Level 2] -- including this issue [2] -- we agreed at the closing Revisit Charter 2018 F2F session that we do not need to explicitly enumerate v2 features in the charter.

That together with the note "The Working Group may decide to group the API functions in one or more specifications." in the charter draft means the group can pursue any of the following:

- work on the Remote Window API proposal as a standalone spec,
- integrate the proposal into an existing specification, or
- not work on it at all

Thanks,

-Anssi

[1]: https://rawgit.com/tidoust/secondscreen-charter/updates/index.html#rec-track