Re: [remote-playback] Why not use the Safari API?

From: Mounir Lamouri via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 11:41:59 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
I am tracking a few metrics about the usage of the webkit prefixed API
 (using internal Google tools). The overview is:
- `webkitShowPlaybackTargetPicker()`,
`webkitplaybacktargetavailabilitychanged` and
`webkitCurrentPlaybackTarget` are virtually unused on the Web. There
is at best two dozens websites using those.
- `x-webkit-airplay=deny` and `x-webkit-wirelessvideoplaybackdisabled`
 are used by three dozen websites.
- `x-webkit-airplay=allow` and `x-webkit-airplay` (no attribute) is
used significantly more. Three order of magnitude more. Though, these
attributes are a no-op.

Thus, as much as I think we should use this API as a legacy to
understand the UC, I don't think there is any benefit for the Web to
standardize it as-is.

--
GitHub Notif of comment by mounirlamouri
See