Re: [presentation-api] Rethinking availability monitoring

From: Anssi Kostiainen via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 09:08:14 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
We seem to be in agreement that [1] with some tweaks [2] is a better
solution than what we currently have in the spec.

@avayvod Could you update your proposal baking in feedback by F2F?

@obeletski Is this a functional gap or a quality of implementation
issue (performance, power/resource consumption etc.)? If QoI we should
 get some more implementation feedback to see whether an explicit
cancel is required.

@mwatson2 IIUC your proposal is similar to the reader view in e.g.
Safari: an icon in chrome is lit when the web content is identified as
 an article. Also used for discovering RSS feeds back in the days when
 RSS was a thing. If so, you should redirect your comment to [3].

[1]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-secondscreen/2015Apr/0079.html
[2]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-secondscreen/2015May/0005.html