W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-sdwig@w3.org > October 2018

Re: SDWIG/Tech Trends telecons, Oct 2nd/3rd

From: George Percivall <gpercivall@opengeospatial.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 13:48:13 -0400
To: public-sdwig@w3.org
Message-Id: <6B1BD5C5-025B-4377-9DA8-9E92A1D69DE8@opengeospatial.org>
Recording and transcript of this Telecon:
https://transcripts.gotomeeting.com/#/s/1f8037bbcd7047cea7cb8f092e95da723b5d147dad2c13e0b2802b962572e357 <https://transcripts.gotomeeting.com/#/s/1f8037bbcd7047cea7cb8f092e95da723b5d147dad2c13e0b2802b962572e357> 
https://transcripts.gotomeeting.com/#/s/1f8037bbcd7047cea7cb8f092e95da723b5d147dad2c13e0b2802b962572e357

https://transcripts.gotomeeting.com/#/s/1f8037bbcd7047cea7cb8f092e95da723b5d147dad2c13e0b2802b962572e357 <https://transcripts.gotomeeting.com/#/s/1f8037bbcd7047cea7cb8f092e95da723b5d147dad2c13e0b2802b962572e357>


> On Oct 2, 2018, at 1:33 PM, George Percivall <gpercivall@opengeospatial.org> wrote:
> 
> Outcomes of Today’s telecon
> 
> Actions:
> Peter: 1) edit the MapML Funnel item to include link to OGC trends and 2) edit and due a pull request on OGC trends to include link to MapML
> Rob: 1) edit the WebVMT Funnel item to include link to OGC trends and 2) edit and due a pull request on OGC trends to include link to WebVMT
> George: add a link to the Funnel on the SDW page.
> George: to update the APIs for the Web to the newer template and then notify Linda so she can enhance the page with WFS3 references.
> OGC staff (George, Gobe, Greg)  to review who can approve pull request on OGC trends repo.
> George to review the Horizon definitions as it regards implementation and standardization.
> Joe to send his ideas on terms used for Geospatial Tech Category
> George to schedule another telecon for this coordination of SDWIG and OGC Tech Trends.
> 
> Notes/Summary of discussion
> 
> OGC Trend updates based on August 14th SDWIG telecon
> https://github.com/opengeospatial/OGC-Technology-Trends <https://github.com/opengeospatial/OGC-Technology-Trends>
> Each Trend has an Issue log for comments by anyone.
> W3C Geospatial Funnel and OGC Tech Trends
> https://github.com/w3c/strategy/projects/2?label=geospatial&card_filter_query=label%3Ageospatial <https://github.com/w3c/strategy/projects/2?label=geospatial&card_filter_query=label:geospatial>
> Cross pointing between Funnel and Trends
> Individual W3C funnel items include rationale and links to OGC trends
> OGC trends include W3C funnel items as examples
> Action: Peter 1) edit the MapML Funnel item to include link to OGC trends and 2) edit and due a pull request on OGC trends to include link to MapML
> Action: Rob 1) edit the WebVMT Funnel item to include link to OGC trends and 2) edit and due a pull request on OGC trends to include link to WebVMT
> George: add a link to the Funnel on the SDW page.
> George: to update the APIs for the Web to the newer template and then notify Linda so she can enhance the page with WFS3 references.
> "OGC Next = W3C (Evaluation, Incubation).  OGC After Next = W3C (Exploration, Investigation)?
> These alignments look about right.
> Also good to review the W3C phase definitions, e.g.,
> https://github.com/w3c/strategy/blob/master/2.Incubation.md <https://github.com/w3c/strategy/blob/master/2.Incubation.md>
> Tech Trends pull request from Joseph Abhayaratna
> Changes made:  Any one can fork and do a pull request.
> Seems that everyone can currently do a pull request and approve pull requests
> Action: OGC staff to review who can approve pull request on OGC trends repo.
> Comments by Rob Smith:
> WebVMT as an example;
> See actions for Rob listed above.
> Questions and clarifications about Horizon: Next, After-Next
> Horizon applies to Standardization.
> So for a Trend that is Next will probably be already being implemented, whereas the standardization will happen next.
> Action: George to review the Horizon definitions as it regards implementation and standardization.
> Comment on Web of Data (#92) MapML Peter Rushforth
> "map/feature awareness built into browsers and crawlers"
> See actions for Peter listed above.
> Geospatial Tech Category
> Need for a bit more consistency, e.g. taxonomy and controlled terms.
> Action: Joe to send his ideas on terms used for Geospatial Tech Category
> Action: George to schedule another telecon for this coordination of SDWIG and OGC Tech Trends.
> 
> 
> 
>> On Sep 21, 2018, at 9:47 AM, George Percivall <gpercivall@opengeospatial.org <mailto:gpercivall@opengeospatial.org>> wrote:
>> 
>> SDWIG,
>> 
>> An  outcome of the SDWIG/Tech Trends telecon in August was:
>>> - Next telecon for coordination of SDWIG and Tech Trends will be in October before the TPAC.
>> 
>> TPAC is 22–26 October 2018.  
>> My schedule is limited before then. 
>> Hoping Oct 2nd works for most.
>> 
>> Regards,
>> George
>> 
>> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>> 
>> SDWIG/Tech Trends coordination telecon on Oct 2, 9am EDT
>> 
>> Time:  https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20181002T09&p1=%3A&ah=1 <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20181002T09&p1=:&ah=1> 
>> GoToMeeting:  https://www4.gotomeeting.com/join/901406373 <https://www4.gotomeeting.com/join/901406373>
>> 
>> Draft agenda:
>> 
>> - OGC Trend updates based on August 14th SDWIG telecon
>> 	https://github.com/opengeospatial/OGC-Technology-Trends <https://github.com/opengeospatial/OGC-Technology-Trends>
>> 	Each Trend has an Issue log for comments by anyone.
>> - W3C Geospatial Funnel and OGC Tech Trends
>> 	https://github.com/w3c/strategy/projects/2?label=geospatial&card_filter_query=label%3Ageospatial <https://github.com/w3c/strategy/projects/2?label=geospatial&card_filter_query=label:geospatial>
>> 	"OGC Next = W3C (Evaluation, Incubation).  OGC After Next = W3C (Exploration, Investigation)?
>> - Tech Trends pull request from Joseph Abhayaratna
>> 	Changes made:  Any one can fork and do a pull request.
>> - Comments by Rob Smith: 
>> 	WebVMT as an example; 
>> 	Questions and clarifications about Horizon: Next, After-Next
>> - Comment on Web of Data (#92) MapML Peter Rushforth
>> 	"map/feature awareness built into browsers and crawlers"
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>>> On Sep 3, 2018, at 1:41 PM, George Percivall <gpercivall@opengeospatial.org <mailto:gpercivall@opengeospatial.org>> wrote:
>>> 
>>> For the connection of SDW with Tech Trends:
>>> 
>>> - “Spatial Data on Web” meta-trend has been updated based on the discussion in the telecon on August 14th
>>> 	https://github.com/opengeospatial/OGC-Technology-Trends/blob/master/chapter-05.adoc <https://github.com/opengeospatial/OGC-Technology-Trends/blob/master/chapter-05.adoc> 
>>> 
>>> - Comments on Trends can be made in two ways:
>>> 	- Each Trend has an Issue - comments can be made there
>>> 	- Members of the group (now including Linda and Joe) should be able to fork and do a pull request - not yet verified.
>>> 
>>> - Next telecon for coordination of SDWIG and Tech Trends will be in October before the TPAC.
>>> 
>>> Cheers,
>>> George
>>> 
>>>> 
>>>>  
>>>> From: Linda van den Brink <l.vandenbrink@geonovum.nl <mailto:l.vandenbrink@geonovum.nl>> 
>>>> Sent: 31 August 2018 06:51
>>>> To: 'public-sdwig@w3.org <mailto:public-sdwig@w3.org>' <public-sdwig@w3.org <mailto:public-sdwig@w3.org>>
>>>> Cc: Jeremy Tandy (jeremy.tandy@gmail.com <mailto:jeremy.tandy@gmail.com>) <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com <mailto:jeremy.tandy@gmail.com>>
>>>> Subject: Reminder: Next week focus week September
>>>>  
>>>> Hi SDWIG-ers, 
>>>>  
>>>> Next week it is that time of the month again: focus week for the SDWIG. Jeremy won’t be available, so it’s just me cheering you on this time.
>>>>  
>>>> The things you can focus on can be found on our Projects page [1]. @Bill, @Michael, @Rob, @Peter, @Armin, please let the group know what we can do to bring your work further along!
>>>>  
>>>> One item I’d like to draw your attention to is the question whether we, as a group, should communicate to the CityGML working group, over at OGC, how important we consider implementation evidence before standardizing a theoretical model (see issue #1069 [2]). This relates to CityJSON, which could be one of these implementations. We should resolve this question during this week in order to bring our opinion forward, *if we decide we want to*, at the OGC meeting.
>>>>  
>>>> [1]: https://github.com/w3c/sdw/projects <https://github.com/w3c/sdw/projects>
>>>> [2]:  https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/1069 <https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/1069>
>>>>  
>>>> Linda
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.
>>>> 
>>>> Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the right to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.
>>>> 
>>>> Thank you for your cooperation.
>>>> 
>>>> Ordnance Survey Limited (Company Registration number 09121572)
>>>> Registered Office: Explorer House
>>>> Adanac Drive
>>>> Southampton SO16 0AS
>>>> Tel: 03456 050505
>>>> http://www.os.uk <http://www.os.uk/>
>> 
> 


Received on Tuesday, 2 October 2018 17:48:37 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:17:51 UTC