Re: SDWIG/Tech Trends telecons, Oct 2nd/3rd

Outcomes of Today’s telecon

Actions:
Peter: 1) edit the MapML Funnel item to include link to OGC trends and 2) edit and due a pull request on OGC trends to include link to MapML
Rob: 1) edit the WebVMT Funnel item to include link to OGC trends and 2) edit and due a pull request on OGC trends to include link to WebVMT
George: add a link to the Funnel on the SDW page.
George: to update the APIs for the Web to the newer template and then notify Linda so she can enhance the page with WFS3 references.
OGC staff (George, Gobe, Greg)  to review who can approve pull request on OGC trends repo.
George to review the Horizon definitions as it regards implementation and standardization.
Joe to send his ideas on terms used for Geospatial Tech Category
George to schedule another telecon for this coordination of SDWIG and OGC Tech Trends.

Notes/Summary of discussion

OGC Trend updates based on August 14th SDWIG telecon
https://github.com/opengeospatial/OGC-Technology-Trends <https://github.com/opengeospatial/OGC-Technology-Trends>
Each Trend has an Issue log for comments by anyone.
W3C Geospatial Funnel and OGC Tech Trends
https://github.com/w3c/strategy/projects/2?label=geospatial&card_filter_query=label%3Ageospatial <https://github.com/w3c/strategy/projects/2?label=geospatial&card_filter_query=label:geospatial>
Cross pointing between Funnel and Trends
Individual W3C funnel items include rationale and links to OGC trends
OGC trends include W3C funnel items as examples
Action: Peter 1) edit the MapML Funnel item to include link to OGC trends and 2) edit and due a pull request on OGC trends to include link to MapML
Action: Rob 1) edit the WebVMT Funnel item to include link to OGC trends and 2) edit and due a pull request on OGC trends to include link to WebVMT
George: add a link to the Funnel on the SDW page.
George: to update the APIs for the Web to the newer template and then notify Linda so she can enhance the page with WFS3 references.
"OGC Next = W3C (Evaluation, Incubation).  OGC After Next = W3C (Exploration, Investigation)?
These alignments look about right.
Also good to review the W3C phase definitions, e.g.,
https://github.com/w3c/strategy/blob/master/2.Incubation.md <https://github.com/w3c/strategy/blob/master/2.Incubation.md>
Tech Trends pull request from Joseph Abhayaratna
Changes made:  Any one can fork and do a pull request.
Seems that everyone can currently do a pull request and approve pull requests
Action: OGC staff to review who can approve pull request on OGC trends repo.
Comments by Rob Smith:
WebVMT as an example;
See actions for Rob listed above.
Questions and clarifications about Horizon: Next, After-Next
Horizon applies to Standardization.
So for a Trend that is Next will probably be already being implemented, whereas the standardization will happen next.
Action: George to review the Horizon definitions as it regards implementation and standardization.
Comment on Web of Data (#92) MapML Peter Rushforth
"map/feature awareness built into browsers and crawlers"
See actions for Peter listed above.
Geospatial Tech Category
Need for a bit more consistency, e.g. taxonomy and controlled terms.
Action: Joe to send his ideas on terms used for Geospatial Tech Category
Action: George to schedule another telecon for this coordination of SDWIG and OGC Tech Trends.