W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-sdwig@w3.org > July 2018

Re: Poll for a telcon on Tech Trends coordination (SDWIG ACTION-391)

From: Jeremy Tandy <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2018 14:52:59 +0100
Message-ID: <CADtUq_3yiKuqUNVTDisDAiy_YLNZ6a9C4oBfrYTARgLjXQbS4Q@mail.gmail.com>
To: Joseph Abhayaratna <Joseph.Abhayaratna@psma.com.au>
Cc: George Percivall <gpercivall@opengeospatial.org>, "public-sdwig@w3.org" <public-sdwig@w3.org>
Thanks Jo :-)
On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 at 14:52, Joseph Abhayaratna <
Joseph.Abhayaratna@psma.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
> I wasn’t able to push the branch back to the Technology Trends repository.
> I just tried again with no luck, so its not for lack of trying that I
> haven’t met my commitments ;)
>
> George, could you check this out? Otherwise, I can email you the changed
> file (minor changes), and the commit message(s).
>
> I intend to create a pull request for the branch of implementation reports
> in the SDWIG repository this weekend (containing one from Clemens and one
> from Linda, as well as my own). I currently have a placeholder for these in
> the LinkedData.adoc Ripe Trend, so perhaps I’ll update the Tech Trend with
> a proper reference to it before creating a pull request for the Tech Trend
> doc.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joseph Abhayaratna
> Chief Technical Officer
>
> PSMA Australia Limited
> Unit 6, 113 Canberra Avenue
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=Unit+6,+113+Canberra+Avenue+%0D%0AGriffith+ACT+2603&entry=gmail&source=g>
> Griffith ACT 2603
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=Unit+6,+113+Canberra+Avenue+%0D%0AGriffith+ACT+2603&entry=gmail&source=g>
> T: +61 (0) 2 6260 9042
> M: +61 (0) 488 301 050
> F: +61 (0) 2 6260 9001
> Twitter: @Jo_PSMA
> E: Joseph.Abhayaratna@psma.com.au
> www.psma.com.au
>
> On 6 Jul 2018, at 11:26 pm, Jeremy Tandy <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> @Joseph - did you manage to submit some stuff about Linked Data to George
> / Gobe? My notes from the F2F meeting say that you promised to :-)
> On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 at 14:02, Jeremy Tandy <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi George - thanks for setting up the Doodle Poll. Do you anticipate
>> having a draft of the restructured `chapter-05.adoc` [1] available for
>> discussion / review ahead of the telecon?
>>
>> My notes from the SDW-IG F2F say:
>>
>> ```
>> ACTION (George Percival)
>> - make proposals for the SDW branch of the mind map
>> - “Iterate the AsciiDoc” for Chapt 5 of the Technology Trends
>> - Consider how to link the geospatial items in the W3C Strategy Funnel
>> and SDW-IG Projects ... and whether they should all appear as a leaf-node
>> in the TT mindmap.
>> ```
>>
>> Many thanks! Jeremy
>>
>> [1]:
>> https://github.com/opengeospatial/OGC-Technology-Trends/blob/master/chapter-05.adoc
>> On Tue, 26 Jun 2018 at 22:04, George Percivall <
>> gpercivall@opengeospatial.org> wrote:
>>
>>> During the SDWIG F2F in Fort Collins, we discussed coordination of the
>>> SDWIG funnel with the OGC technology forecasting activity.  I accepted the
>>> action to arrange a telecon to advance the discussion.
>>>
>>> If you are interested in contributing to the telecon, please complete
>>> this poll: https://doodle.com/poll/iadahamrvz7kgb8x
>>>
>>> Topic for discussion in the telecon:
>>> - The SDWIG funnel and the OGC Tech Trends have related but differing
>>> purposes.  Both activities aim to identify opportunities of emerging
>>> technology that might be related to development of geospatial innovation
>>> through standards.  The Tech Trends is focused on “after next” with the OGC
>>> SP and IP taking action on “now” and “next” topics.  The SDWIG may include
>>> all horizons.
>>> - Specific topics may be discussed such as MapML and WebVMT
>>> - The OGC technology forecasting includes a topic about Spatial Data on
>>> the Web.  This telecon will consider SDWIG recommended changes to that
>>> branch on the tech trends mindmap.  Other trends listed on the mindmap will
>>> also be considered.
>>>         https://github.com/opengeospatial/OGC-Technology-Trends
>>> - The SDWIG is developing a Geospatial Roadmap of features, standards,
>>> and developments in Web-friendly geospatial capabilities. The evolving
>>> criteria for including OGC developments and placing them along the Roadmap
>>> could be useful feedback, particularly for OWS Evolution. (This is also an
>>> OAB issue)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> George
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> > On Jun 5, 2018, at 4:37 PM, Spatial Data on the Web Working Group
>>> Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org> wrote:
>>> >
>>> > ACTION-391: Arrange telcon and send out details (Spatial Data on the
>>> Web Working Group)
>>> >
>>> > https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/391
>>> >
>>> > On: George Percivall
>>> > Due: 2018-06-12
>>> >
>>> > If you do not want to be notified on new action items for this group,
>>> please update your settings at:
>>> > https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users/39414#settings
>>> >
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
Received on Friday, 6 July 2018 13:53:36 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:17:49 UTC