W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-sdwig@w3.org > July 2018

Telcon on Tech Trends coordination (SDWIG ACTION-391)

From: George Percivall <gpercivall@opengeospatial.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 17:12:57 -0400
To: Joseph Abhayaratna <Joseph.Abhayaratna@psma.com.au>, Jeremy Tandy <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com>, "public-sdwig@w3.org" <public-sdwig@w3.org>, Gobe Hobona <ghobona@opengeospatial.org>
Message-Id: <A36840AD-01B2-44A8-9806-88F435E3D614@opengeospatial.org>
Update on SDWIG ACTION-391

- Schedule a telecon:  done 

	Done based on the doodle poll  - Aug 14 Tue, 11:00 AM EDT   
	Global Time: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=SDW+IG+Tech+Trends+telecon&iso=20180814T11&p1=263&ah=1 <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=SDW+IG+Tech+Trends+telecon&iso=20180814T11&p1=263&ah=1>
	GTM Logistics below - https://www4.gotomeeting.com/join/298545893 <https://www4.gotomeeting.com/join/298545893>

	Topics for the telecon are listed below.
	Another announcement of the telecon will be made closer to August 14th.
	A calendar invite is sent separately


- Working with Joe
	
	Joe, the chosen poll time was not one you could make.  How about you and I set up a time to talk?
	Just reply to me directly and we can set a date and time.

	Gobe and I have been modifying the Tech Trends GitHub repository
	https://github.com/opengeospatial/OGC-Technology-Trends/blob/master/chapter-05.adoc <https://github.com/opengeospatial/OGC-Technology-Trends/blob/master/chapter-05.adoc>
	Now each Trend has a link to an Issue.  
	That allows for a robust discussion as an Issue and then a moderated decision on how to update the trend.


- Inviting comments from all on the Branch
	
	Similar to my comments to Joe, all are invited to comment on the Spatial Data on the Web group of Trends
	https://github.com/opengeospatial/OGC-Technology-Trends/blob/master/chapter-05.adoc <https://github.com/opengeospatial/OGC-Technology-Trends/blob/master/chapter-05.adoc>
	For each Trend there is an GitHub Issue link where you can make comments.


Regards,
George




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


1. Please join my meeting, Tue Aug 14th 11:00 AM EDT.

https://www4.gotomeeting.com/join/298545893 <https://www4.gotomeeting.com/join/298545893>

2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.

IE: +353 15 360 728
DE: +49 692 5736 7317
AU: +61 2 9087 3604
NL: +31 207 941 377
US: +1 (646) 749-3129
FI: +358 923 17 0568
BE: +32 28 93 7018
ES: +34 932 75 2004
NZ: +64 9 280 6302
CA: +1 (647) 497-9391
GB: +44 330 221 0088
AT: +43 7 2081 5427
FR: +33 170 950 594
NO: +47 21 93 37 51
SE: +46 775 757 474
DK: +45 43 31 47 82
CH: +41 225 4599 78
IT: +39 0 230 57 81 42
Access Code: 298-545-893  Audio PIN will be displayed upon joining the web session.


> On Jul 6, 2018, at 9:52 AM, Joseph Abhayaratna <Joseph.Abhayaratna@psma.com.au> wrote:
> 
> Hi Jeremy,
> I wasn’t able to push the branch back to the Technology Trends repository. I just tried again with no luck, so its not for lack of trying that I haven’t met my commitments ;)
> 
> George, could you check this out? Otherwise, I can email you the changed file (minor changes), and the commit message(s).
> 
> I intend to create a pull request for the branch of implementation reports in the SDWIG repository this weekend (containing one from Clemens and one from Linda, as well as my own). I currently have a placeholder for these in the LinkedData.adoc Ripe Trend, so perhaps I’ll update the Tech Trend with a proper reference to it before creating a pull request for the Tech Trend doc.
> 
> Cheers,
>  
> Joseph Abhayaratna
> Chief Technical Officer
>   
> PSMA Australia Limited
> Unit 6, 113 Canberra Avenue
> Griffith ACT 2603
> T: +61 (0) 2 6260 9042
> M: +61 (0) 488 301 050
> F: +61 (0) 2 6260 9001
> Twitter: @Jo_PSMA
> E: Joseph.Abhayaratna@psma.com.au <mailto:Joseph.Abhayaratna@psma.com.au>
> www.psma.com.au <http://www.psma.com.au/>
> 
>> On 6 Jul 2018, at 11:26 pm, Jeremy Tandy <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com <mailto:jeremy.tandy@gmail.com>> wrote:
>> 
>> @Joseph - did you manage to submit some stuff about Linked Data to George / Gobe? My notes from the F2F meeting say that you promised to :-)
>> On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 at 14:02, Jeremy Tandy <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com <mailto:jeremy.tandy@gmail.com>> wrote:
>> Hi George - thanks for setting up the Doodle Poll. Do you anticipate having a draft of the restructured `chapter-05.adoc` [1] available for discussion / review ahead of the telecon?
>> 
>> My notes from the SDW-IG F2F say:
>> 
>> ```
>> ACTION (George Percival)
>> - make proposals for the SDW branch of the mind map
>> - “Iterate the AsciiDoc” for Chapt 5 of the Technology Trends
>> - Consider how to link the geospatial items in the W3C Strategy Funnel and SDW-IG Projects ... and whether they should all appear as a leaf-node in the TT mindmap.
>> ```
>> 
>> Many thanks! Jeremy
>> 
>> [1]: https://github.com/opengeospatial/OGC-Technology-Trends/blob/master/chapter-05.adoc <https://github.com/opengeospatial/OGC-Technology-Trends/blob/master/chapter-05.adoc>
>> On Tue, 26 Jun 2018 at 22:04, George Percivall <gpercivall@opengeospatial.org <mailto:gpercivall@opengeospatial.org>> wrote:
>> During the SDWIG F2F in Fort Collins, we discussed coordination of the SDWIG funnel with the OGC technology forecasting activity.  I accepted the action to arrange a telecon to advance the discussion.  
>> 
>> If you are interested in contributing to the telecon, please complete this poll: https://doodle.com/poll/iadahamrvz7kgb8x <https://doodle.com/poll/iadahamrvz7kgb8x> 
>> 
>> Topic for discussion in the telecon: 
>> - The SDWIG funnel and the OGC Tech Trends have related but differing purposes.  Both activities aim to identify opportunities of emerging technology that might be related to development of geospatial innovation through standards.  The Tech Trends is focused on “after next” with the OGC SP and IP taking action on “now” and “next” topics.  The SDWIG may include all horizons.  
>> - Specific topics may be discussed such as MapML and WebVMT
>> - The OGC technology forecasting includes a topic about Spatial Data on the Web.  This telecon will consider SDWIG recommended changes to that branch on the tech trends mindmap.  Other trends listed on the mindmap will also be considered. 
>>         https://github.com/opengeospatial/OGC-Technology-Trends <https://github.com/opengeospatial/OGC-Technology-Trends> 
>> - The SDWIG is developing a Geospatial Roadmap of features, standards, and developments in Web-friendly geospatial capabilities. The evolving criteria for including OGC developments and placing them along the Roadmap could be useful feedback, particularly for OWS Evolution. (This is also an OAB issue)
>> 
>> Regards,
>> George
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> > On Jun 5, 2018, at 4:37 PM, Spatial Data on the Web Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org <mailto:sysbot%2Btracker@w3.org>> wrote:
>> > 
>> > ACTION-391: Arrange telcon and send out details (Spatial Data on the Web Working Group)
>> > 
>> > https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/391 <https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/391>
>> > 
>> > On: George Percivall
>> > Due: 2018-06-12
>> > 
>> > If you do not want to be notified on new action items for this group, please update your settings at:
>> > https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users/39414#settings <https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users/39414#settings>
>> > 
>> 
>> 
> 
Received on Tuesday, 10 July 2018 21:13:24 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 10 July 2018 21:13:25 UTC