W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-sdwig@w3.org > July 2018

Re: Poll for a telcon on Tech Trends coordination (SDWIG ACTION-391)

From: Jeremy Tandy <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2018 14:26:05 +0100
Message-ID: <CADtUq_0aefQpO8dqU+Am10dQ16Ei=2tNgN8MkwtwueDB8Nf0=A@mail.gmail.com>
To: George Percivall <gpercivall@opengeospatial.org>
Cc: public-sdwig@w3.org
@Joseph - did you manage to submit some stuff about Linked Data to George /
Gobe? My notes from the F2F meeting say that you promised to :-)
On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 at 14:02, Jeremy Tandy <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi George - thanks for setting up the Doodle Poll. Do you anticipate
> having a draft of the restructured `chapter-05.adoc` [1] available for
> discussion / review ahead of the telecon?
>
> My notes from the SDW-IG F2F say:
>
> ```
> ACTION (George Percival)
> - make proposals for the SDW branch of the mind map
> - “Iterate the AsciiDoc” for Chapt 5 of the Technology Trends
> - Consider how to link the geospatial items in the W3C Strategy Funnel and
> SDW-IG Projects ... and whether they should all appear as a leaf-node in
> the TT mindmap.
> ```
>
> Many thanks! Jeremy
>
> [1]:
> https://github.com/opengeospatial/OGC-Technology-Trends/blob/master/chapter-05.adoc
> On Tue, 26 Jun 2018 at 22:04, George Percivall <
> gpercivall@opengeospatial.org> wrote:
>
>> During the SDWIG F2F in Fort Collins, we discussed coordination of the
>> SDWIG funnel with the OGC technology forecasting activity.  I accepted the
>> action to arrange a telecon to advance the discussion.
>>
>> If you are interested in contributing to the telecon, please complete
>> this poll: https://doodle.com/poll/iadahamrvz7kgb8x
>>
>> Topic for discussion in the telecon:
>> - The SDWIG funnel and the OGC Tech Trends have related but differing
>> purposes.  Both activities aim to identify opportunities of emerging
>> technology that might be related to development of geospatial innovation
>> through standards.  The Tech Trends is focused on “after next” with the OGC
>> SP and IP taking action on “now” and “next” topics.  The SDWIG may include
>> all horizons.
>> - Specific topics may be discussed such as MapML and WebVMT
>> - The OGC technology forecasting includes a topic about Spatial Data on
>> the Web.  This telecon will consider SDWIG recommended changes to that
>> branch on the tech trends mindmap.  Other trends listed on the mindmap will
>> also be considered.
>>         https://github.com/opengeospatial/OGC-Technology-Trends
>> - The SDWIG is developing a Geospatial Roadmap of features, standards,
>> and developments in Web-friendly geospatial capabilities. The evolving
>> criteria for including OGC developments and placing them along the Roadmap
>> could be useful feedback, particularly for OWS Evolution. (This is also an
>> OAB issue)
>>
>> Regards,
>> George
>>
>>
>>
>> > On Jun 5, 2018, at 4:37 PM, Spatial Data on the Web Working Group Issue
>> Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > ACTION-391: Arrange telcon and send out details (Spatial Data on the
>> Web Working Group)
>> >
>> > https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/391
>> >
>> > On: George Percivall
>> > Due: 2018-06-12
>> >
>> > If you do not want to be notified on new action items for this group,
>> please update your settings at:
>> > https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users/39414#settings
>> >
>>
>>
>>
Received on Friday, 6 July 2018 13:26:41 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:17:49 UTC