Re: [sdw] Homogeneity of an ObservationCollection

From: Sergio José Rodríguez Méndez via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 14:51:59 +0000
To: public-sdwig@w3.org
I have read the proposal [1]. As you indicate, I understand that a group of observations could have more than one FOI, but that it should be homogenous on at least one axis (sensor or observable property).

This nature of "homogeneity" in a group of observations is true for some BCI applications, but not for all of them: there are some BCI applications that could have a session with multiple sensors observing different modalities (observable property) for different purposes (FOIs) to measure the dynamics of the human body reaction while performing a single activity (for example, driving a car) in a single context (environment) [2].

I understand that the concept of **ObservationCollection** may be useful in many different types of applications, including many in the BCI domain. I'm just pointing out that it may not apply to a broader concept that groups inherently heterogenous (but related) observations.

[1] [https://w3c.github.io/sdw/proposals/ssn-extensions/](https://w3c.github.io/sdw/proposals/ssn-extensions/)
[2] [https://w3id.org/BCI-ontology#Session](https://w3id.org/BCI-ontology#Session)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by srodriguez142857
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/1028#issuecomment-384994176 using your GitHub account