Comments on how to represent licenses in ontologies (and on the licenses themselves)

From: Raúl García Castro <rgarcia@fi.upm.es>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 09:18:54 +0100
To: public-sdw-wg@w3.org, Víctor Rodríguez Doncel <vrodriguez@fi.upm.es>
Dear all,

I just finished ACTION-274 and updated the wiki with the comments from
my colleague Víctor Rodríguez Doncel on the representation of licenses
in the ontologies and on the analysis of both licenses.

https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Ontology_rights_and_licence#Comments_from_V.C3.ADctor_Rodr.C3.ADguez_Doncel

In short:
* Using cc:license or dct:license is a common practice and suffices.
* Both licenses are essentially the same (but the OGC one contains a
contradiction).

Kind regards,

--

Dr. Raúl García Castro
http://www.garcia-castro.com/

Ontology Engineering Group
Departamento de Inteligencia Artificial
Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Informáticos
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Campus de Montegancedo, s/n - Boadilla del Monte - 28660 Madrid
Phone: +34 91 336 65 96 - Fax: +34 91 352 48 19