Re: Implementation evidence - Producers

I cannot speak for the whole group either, but similar to the feedback from some of my co-editors, the intention of our modelling choices in SOSA was that the core will eventually be “absorbed” into schema.org for maximum impact. I think with proper attribution as was done with GoodRelations there shouldn’t be any concern from the working group. However, I will ask to put that on the agenda for our last SDW general meeting.

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Date: Wednesday, 7 June 2017 at 10:19 am
To: Armin Haller <armin.haller@anu.edu.au>
Cc: "public-sdw-wg@w3.org" <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Implementation evidence - Producers

I'd be happy to explore that, but it would be good to have some (even informal) encouragement from the SDW WG that this would be a welcome development. We did something similar with a DCAT-based Dataset design a while ago and it seems that we inadvertently caused some frustration as it was seen as a fork. It would be a pity to try to adopt a design based on SOSA (or SOSA/SSN) and for that to be seen in a similar way. Do you think the WG would welcome such an effort?

Dan